Charlie Appelstein: No Such Thing as a Bad Kid
Scott County Decategorization Presents Charlie Appelstein
Scott County Decategorization is offering a free training opportunity with Charlie Appelstein. This training will take place over two days due to being conducted virtually. A Zoom link will be sent to all participants who register prior to April 14, 2021. The first 50 people to register for the training will receive a complimentary copy of Charlie Appelstein’s book: No Such Thing as a Bad Kid.
- Describe the major principles of a strength-based approach to work with at-risk children, youth, and families.
- Discuss the importance of personal self-awareness and self management in working with at-risk clients.
- Cite specific strength-based verbal interventions to use, to motivate, and to enhance the functioning of at-risk kids and parents.
- Discuss strategies for assisting cognitively-inflexible children and youth.
- Describe at least two specific cognitive-behavioral techniques that can help at-risk children, youth, and their parents to better self-manage their actions.
Questions? Contact Nicole Mann at 563-326-8221 or firstname.lastname@example.org