Parentivity is funded through the Iowa Department of Public Health by the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting (MIECHV) Program. The goal of MIECHV is to improve the health and development of at-risk children through evidence-based home visiting programs. Through Parentivity, the new Virtual Home Visitor System, this support will be expanded to include low-risk parents who do not qualify for in-home visits.
- Improve health and development.
- Prevent injuries, abuse, neglect, reduce ER visits.
- Improve school readiness and achievement.
- Reduce domestic violence.
- Increase family economic self-sufficiency.
- Improve coordination with other community support options.