ISU Extension and Outreach builds a strong Iowa by engaging all Iowans in research, education, and extension experiences to address current and emerging real-life challenges.
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach engages Iowans to build a #STRONGIOWA.
We engage all Iowans in research, education, and extension experiences to address current and emerging real-life challenges. We are here for you. Now. Always.
COVID-19 Recovery Initiatives
Learn how your county responded to the 2020 pandemic and is planning for recovery in 2021. ISU Extension and Outreach is prioritizing six initiatives that are important for our state’s recovery:
- Reviving the Iowa economy, including the farm economy
- Supporting Iowans in improving financial security
- Engaging Iowans in improving food supply, safety, and access
- Expanding educational opportunities for youth
- Engaging Iowans in addressing mental health
- Supporting efforts to increase access to quality child care
- See our 2020 ISU Extension and Outreach Annual Report.
- Learn about our programs in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Community and Economic Development, Human Sciences, and 4-H Youth Development.
- Call our hotlines or visit our 100 ISU Extension and Outreach county offices across the state.
- Contact your county extension council; 900 locally elected council members serve Iowa.
- Join more than 8,000 volunteers who partner with us.