The Evidence-Based Home Visiting Model is the comprehensive parent education model Parents as Teachers’ affiliates use. The model provides various services to families with children from prenatal to kindergarten, offering deep insights into early childhood development. Since 1984, our model has been rigorously tested by peer-reviewed studies and shown to produce outstanding results for families.
Our evidence-based model is delivered by our global network of affiliates and Parent Educators. Affiliates follow the essential requirements of the model, which provide minimum expectations for program design, infrastructure, and service delivery. Parents as Teachers support affiliates to meet those requirements and further quality standards representing best practices in the field.
- Personal Visits
- Group Connections
- Resource Network
- Child and Caregiver Screening
- Increase parent knowledge of early childhood development and improve positive parenting practices
- Provide early detection of developmental delays and connection to services
- Improve parent, child and family health and well-being
- Prevent child abuse and neglect
- Increase children’s school readiness and success
- Improve family economic well-being
- Strengthen community capacity and connectedness